Welcome to Rookira Forum!

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Rookira Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Rookira RPG 7.92, An normal Rookira
GM Lime
Posted: Apr 28 2007, 11:11 AM

Gamemaster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Heylo.

I'm having a few questions for you players. Would you play on Rookira if it had an default map? A map which probably many other OT servers has? I'm no mapper and after the last incident (Demon Eldorath hid a pile of rare items and millions of gold on the map) when I let someone else help me map I'm not too keen on letting others help me.

How do you want the online times to look like? I have different computers at home, all with different amount of CPU and RAM and online times. I used to host it on my server computer. That meant I could have the server online every hour of the day, every day of the week. It also meant that it sometimes lagged when many were online because of its low amount of CPU and RAM.

I could host it on dads computer. It has two CPUs of around 3 GHz total and 2 GB RAM I think. This would be the best and fastest computer to host it on, but the computer isn't online day and night all the time and when someone else in my family uses it the has to be closed.

I can try and host it on my computer. An CPU of 2 GHz and 512 MB RAM. I think I could have this one running quite much, but when I use it it's really slow and I doubt it would work well with an OT running on it if I felt like playing WoW here (if dads is taken).

Which hours do you want the server to be online. Please post the hours which you think you'll be playing.

Anyone tried the CTF server? Was it fun? Were you alone or played with other players (not NPCs)? I find it pretty fun when there are more people on it, but alone it sucks and it's pretty boring when you get a high level and then log out and it's not saved. Should I have the CTF server as secondary, only online during some hours at weekends while the normal RPG server is still online, so you can pick which server you want to play on?

Please post some feedback with your ideas and thoughts on this. If you've got some proposals to make, post them aswell.

Looking forward to some replies!

--------------------
"It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice."
-- H.P. Baxxter

user posted image

user posted image
Empror Cedric
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 01:07 PM

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 178

hmmms, rookira 7.92 ohmy.gif, that means new characters and everything happy.gif! well, i dont mind playing on a default map, but mabie u could even convert the old rookira map to 7.92 server happy.gif?

About the online times, i dont care really if its being hosted on your dads or your own computer... even your computer is better then mine wink.gif. about the hours, im pretty sure that i can play most of the times, exept when im in school, so its not problem for me.

About the CTF, i really enjoyed it. Specially when i was fighting alone against 2 guys. So i dont mind it being online ^^.

~Cedric

--------------------
Feb 02 2006 - Aug 22 2006.
Another Chapter is over in our life.

Wabbits are Fun!
Dot
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 01:14 PM

Group: Gamemaster
Member No.: 54

Might be fun to bring back some old memories, although I'm not sure that many of the old <3 players that made Rookira what it was would play again.

--------------------
It can't rain all the time..
user posted image
user posted image
GM Lime
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 02:38 PM

Gamemaster

QUOTE (Empror Cedric @ Apr 29 2007, 03:07 PM)
hmmms, rookira 7.92 ohmy.gif, that means new characters and everything happy.gif! well, i dont mind playing on a default map, but mabie u could even convert the old rookira map to 7.92 server happy.gif?

About the online times, i dont care really if its being hosted on your dads or your own computer... even your computer is better then mine wink.gif. about the hours, im pretty sure that i can play most of the times, exept when im in school, so its not problem for me.

About the CTF, i really enjoyed it. Specially when i was fighting alone against 2 guys. So i dont mind it being online ^^.

~Cedric

No, not convert. Too much has changed in the server that it would probably require a lot of work fixing. Besides, old Rookira had an default map. Althought it ended up with a few editions (secret hunting areas, Orshabaal, private houses). I liked the idea of custom homebuilt houses and might add that again, but for big money cost. smile.gif

--------------------
-- H.P. Baxxter

user posted image

user posted image
Neffie
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 03:01 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 179

yay, i dont mind default map since i wouldnt play on any other OT server tongue.gif

duno what times i wopuld be on, evenings and maybe in between doing revision in the day

CTF was alright, i wasnt very good at it though, kept dying tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
GM Lime
Posted: Apr 29 2007, 05:06 PM

Gamemaster

QUOTE (Neffie @ Apr 29 2007, 05:01 PM)
kept dying tongue.gif

I think everyone did. tongue.gif

--------------------
-- H.P. Baxxter

user posted image

user posted image
Arizo
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 12:22 PM

Member No.: 176

Every map works expect the evolution map.. And 7.9 requires a lot more then 7.6 so you should probably run it on your dads comp.

--------------------
Nice from far, but far from nice!

user posted image
user posted image
Raegon
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 12:33 PM

Newcomer

Member No.: 244

So you're going to run a rookira-rpg server again?

If so, is it at least one thing you should fix, and thats pvp, since its so low exp rate, i assume it would be wars before people managed to reach lvl 100, at least i hope so, cause whats cooler then "low" lvl wars, with characters on lvl 50 - 80? wink.gif

I also remember that Demon Eldorath thieved a lot of stuff from Arizo, pvp would probably be a solution if something like that would have happened again, also the respect less "low" lvls, that kept thieving spawns, loot and exp from the higher lvls.

--------------------
"Slice me nice"

user posted image
user posted image

//Twice the pride, double the fall.

user posted image
GM Lime
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:04 PM

Gamemaster

QUOTE (Arizo @ Apr 30 2007, 02:22 PM)
Every map works expect the evolution map.. And 7.9 requires a lot more then 7.6 so you should probably run it on your dads comp.

You dont like Evolutions default map? I haven't looked at it more than the temple. Whats bad with it?

--------------------
-- H.P. Baxxter

user posted image

user posted image
Raegon
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:19 PM

Newcomer

Almost all the current 7.92 servers got the evolution map. tongue.gif

Anyway, when are you planning to start the server then?

--------------------
"Slice me nice"

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Raegon
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:53 PM

Newcomer

I got a map for you if you're interested.

The map is made by a the hoster of the norwegian ot, Gullfisk-OT. I don't know why, but he decided to share his map with the community.

Some information about the map

About 160 houses
7 guild houses
1 large city
1 small city
1 vip city
PvP and football field area.
Prison
Rather large hunting areas and.

Quests

20 small solo quests.
Hydra quest
Annihilator
Orshabaal Annihilator
Deku Tree quest (sprite wand)
DL quest
Demon quest.

Some picture's

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I got some other pictures as well, but weird enough didn't imageshack.us allow me to upload more.

You can reach me on msn, Johnsen_106@hotmail.com, if you're interested.

This post has been edited by Raegon on Apr 30 2007, 02:01 PM

--------------------
"Slice me nice"

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Duffy
Posted: May 1 2007, 06:13 PM

Member No.: 40

Greetings again Lime and all others.. =)

Well i have played on a server called Emora. they had a rl map. maybe to big for you . i dont know. i just liked the hardness in that server. perhaps to hard. but just higher the exp amount. and it be great.

i think many who played here played here since it was not pvp.
atleast i thought that was the fun part with it. there was not many "bad guys" who destroyed for others. except Demon's thiefing and such. so a none pvp is more fun. pvp only show us the worst in people. perhaps have those pvp days like in the old days.
anyway would be nice to see it up running again!

i would prolly play again(not in the same amount as before tho haha). hopefullly some other elders would play to.

yours // Duffy =)

--------------------
~7.1~First too lvl 50,100 and 150 quit at 170 and 210-240 :)
~7.5~ First to lvl 240-300 Retired.
Delete me now so i cant come back !!
Praod memeber of the 2-may 05 Trio

user posted image
Empror Cedric
Posted: May 1 2007, 06:26 PM

Member No.: 178

QUOTE (Duffy @ May 1 2007, 08:13 PM)

Well i have played on a server called Emora. they  had a rl map. maybe to big for you . i dont know. i just liked the hardness in that server. perhaps to hard. but just higher the exp amount. and it be great.

atleast i thought that was the fun part with it. there was not many "bad guys" who destroyed for others.  except Demon's thiefing and such. so a none pvp is more fun. pvp only show us the worst in people. perhaps have those pvp days like in the old days.

i would prolly play again(not in the same amount as before tho haha). hopefullly some other elders would play to.

yours // Duffy =)

Probably ya PG to first again as always happy.gif

~Cedric

This post has been edited by Empror Cedric on May 1 2007, 06:27 PM

--------------------
Feb 02 2006 - Aug 22 2006.
Another Chapter is over in our life.

Wabbits are Fun!
Raegon
Posted: May 1 2007, 08:40 PM

Newcomer

Nono, I will become highest lvl, and create the best guild. wink.gif

--------------------
"Slice me nice"

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Duffy
Posted: May 2 2007, 04:05 PM

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Empror Cedric @ May 1 2007, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Duffy @ May 1 2007, 08:13 PM)

Well i have played on a server called Emora. they  had a rl map. maybe to big for you . i dont know. i just liked the hardness in that server. perhaps to hard. but just higher the exp amount. and it be great.

atleast i thought that was the fun part with it. there was not many "bad guys" who destroyed for others.  except Demon's thiefing and such. so a none pvp is more fun. pvp only show us the worst in people. perhaps have those pvp days like in the old days.

yours // Duffy =)

Probably ya PG to first again as always happy.gif

~Cedric

You bet i would like too.
i wish i was like 14 and could spend my time at the computer tongue.gif

But that aint the case anymore.
so lets say i will let someone els take the Crown this time wink.gif

anyway i will make a char if they ever open again. and have a goodtime like always on rookira. with you Ced smile.gif

Hopefully it will be None pvp like before. i'dd hate to see this great ot become one of those "pk" servers.

But i guess we will se the out come of it in time smile.gif

Until then! have fun guys !

Yours// Duffy Quack wink.gif

--------------------
~7.1~First too lvl 50,100 and 150 quit at 170 and 210-240 :)
~7.5~ First to lvl 240-300 Retired.
Delete me now so i cant come back !!
Praod memeber of the 2-may 05 Trio

user posted image
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive