Welcome to Rookira Forum!

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Rookira Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PvP enforced event
Amrod
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 10:32 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

I was thinking of some kind fight between two teams in pvp enfoced mode.
Showdown
All the players parcticipating should have the same level(150-200) and (if possible) they can chose their vocation before the fight(Without know the vocations of the other team) Then we could just have some sort of fight till one team is dropped.

Capture the flag
But what I would like better some kind of deathmatch capture the flag mode, where both teams have some sort of castle whit a flag in it, which the other team has to drag over the ground back to their own base. If a player dies he will have to wait ~20(?) seconds before he is respawned at his own castle.
I have no idea how long one round would take, but we could put in a time limit of 10-15 minutes and then the side who captured the most flags wins(if its a draw the amount of frags count).
I don't know if all of this is possible, but I would like to hear your ideas about it so I can change some things and it might actually work.

This post has been edited by Amrod on Jun 7 2006, 10:33 AM

--------------------
?
GM Event
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 10:47 AM

Group: Gamemaster
Member No.: 4

An interesting idea, no doubt.

However, you must remember a few things, dear Amrod.

Rookira is first of all a (normally) non-PvP world, that is, we do not really enjoy allowing players to go berserk and blast each other's heads off with explosion-runes or stopping each other dead in their tracks with a well-placed Sudden Death... Of course we all know that this can be rather amusing, but as a general idea, Rookira is more focused on the sheer fun of hunting, gaining levels and wealth... And of course our well-known and rather thrilling events and raids!

So, to the proposal itself. Though it is an interesting idea and could possibly be very fun for many people, most people on Rookira are however not yet level 100, which means that this would sort of limit the amount of participants, and we generally (atleast I) try to make it so everyone can partake in these sort of things.

Also, the whole idea about the respawn-points, time, time-limits, castles and items that you have proposed would require quite the bit of scripting, editing, map-making, updating and/or tweaking the already existing game. And all of that is sadly beyond my reach as Gamemaster on this server, seeing as my only real function here is to do the following:

1. Enforce the Rookira rules.
2. Manage raids and events.
3. Be a regular ennoyance to the community.

So, in conclusion. Your idea is tempting and sounds as if it could be a barrel of laughs, though I must sadly inform you that the chances are quite slim that we could actually pull this off.
Empror Cedric
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 11:15 AM

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 178

i like the showdown idea, well it could done easly in duel arena, so no need for pvp enforced.

--------------------
Feb 02 2006 - Aug 22 2006.
Another Chapter is over in our life.

Wabbits are Fun!
Amrod
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 11:36 AM

Ye, but the problem with the normal pvp is that the knights are kinda invincible, since the exori gran isn't available anymore, level 200+ knights can easily outheal 2 lvl 200 sd'ing sorcs, because they get exhausted if they shoot to quick. Thats why I thought of the pvp enforced part so the cooldown on shooting offensive runes is shorter and the knight has relative less advantage with the exhausted part then on normal pvp.(since there is just a minimum time needed to click on an uh and click on yourself.)

But I'm not sure how it would work out with a big team in the arena, its a rather small place so the sorcs/druids can't run away good when being chased.

--------------------
?
Amrod
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 11:42 AM

I don't know if the people in rookira would really mind being lvl 150-200 and shooting at everything that isn't on their own team. But for the castle part, we could also just make it simple, just make 2 teams, get 2 sides, a flag everybody a bp aols, and just try dragging the flag back to your own 'base'. And if someone dies he just respawns at the temple, put a new aol around his neck and runs back to the battle ground. But then it shouldn't be pvp enforced since the players who dies loses exp and the players who killed him would get exp, then the disadvantage of being killed would be to big, so just a normal pvp in that game.

--------------------
?
GM Event
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 11:57 AM

Group: Gamemaster
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Amrod @ Jun 7 2006, 12:42 PM)
I don't know if the people in rookira would really mind being lvl 150-200 and shooting at everything that isn't on their own team. But for the castle part, we could also just make it simple, just make 2 teams, get 2 sides, a flag everybody a bp aols, and just try dragging the flag back to your own 'base'. And if someone dies he just respawns at the temple, put a new aol around his neck and runs back to the battle ground. But then it shouldn't be pvp enforced since the players who dies loses exp and the players who killed him would get exp, then the disadvantage of being killed would be to big, so just a normal pvp in that game.

This sounds indeed much more do-able.

However, I again need to state that Rookira is a non-PvP world.

Nevertheless, I am sure it could be fully possible to create two castles, towers, houses or caves on a seperate little Island where people could play capture the flag, or other tag-like games. Again, I am not responsible for the server and map and cannot confirm that such a place would be allowed to be uploaded, only GM Lime can answer such questions.

As for the backpack of AoL's, I think it would be better if each team had a representative or an actual Gamemaster who handled the distribution of these, rather than that everyone could just pick freely among the gear, as mayn would likely just stock up on as many of these amulets as they could and then just simply leave.

But it sounds like a fun idea, I will definatley discuss this one with Lime.

This post has been edited by GM Event on Jun 7 2006, 11:57 AM
GM Lime
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 12:38 PM

Gamemaster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I like these ideas. I'll see what I can do. I love writing scripts and figuring out ways to solve problems using scripts, so I see this as an fun challenge. I'll see if I can make something like this.

Me and Arizo, I think, played around with pvp-e once. I had an level 210 master sorc and he was on his knight. We both died quite much, but since you lose just 2-3% and gain A LOT of experience from every PK, we both ended at levels way beyond 250. I stopped at a level close to 300. So people would probably just ask their friend to kill them and then when they come back the person who died kills his friend. They would both gain a lot of fast experience and just lose their skills.

But since I like this idea I'll see if I can make some fun "event-map" and set up an secondary server where people can join and play this.

As I said earlier, I'll see what I can do and what is possible!

--------------------
"It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice."
-- H.P. Baxxter

user posted image

user posted image
Amrod
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 02:56 PM

I thought that if this event would take place all the characters would be saved before the match begins, so when its ended they'll just get loaded back from the previous saved file.
Don't know if thats possible without much complications, but that would ensure people not to gain benefits outside the event.

--------------------
?
Mystic Starfire
  Posted: Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM

Newcomer

Member No.: 201

I dont think that enforcing pvp is right but alowing player to kill someone over like thiefing or kill someone the other person was close to should be aloud it would put less stress on the GM's they wouldn't have to hear about thiefing but i dont think that GM's should be able to kill someone unless they wont stop and listen about killing.
Amrod
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 12:20 PM

uhm, this is about an event, not about turing it pvp enforced. If the event will take place, the server will only be pvp(enforced) for the duration of the event. And I it will be made sure you won't be able to kill thievers outside the event.

--------------------
?
Arizo
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 03:03 PM

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 176

Or we could have an counterstrike-looking battle wink.gif

--------------------
Nice from far, but far from nice!

user posted image
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Events | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive